Robocopy provides the ability to
- Resume copy from where it left off (Both local & network)
- Copy file data and attributes correctly
- Mirror the folders from Backup drive to main drive. – I use to backup by photos & Music (Eg. Robocopy c:\myfiles e:\myfiles /MIR)
- Skip files that already appear in the destination folder with identical size and timestamp.
- Copy file and folder names exceeding 256 characters.
- Specify the number of threads to use (Max. 128) (Eg. Robocopy c:\myfiles e:\myfiles /MIR /MT:10)
For a full set of command line options check it here.
Try it out. If you want a more advanced option than what robocopy provides try RichCopy.