Microsoft has released an end to end enterprise application sample for Windows Azure and Microsoft cloud technologies.
It is a service-oriented application based on the .NET Framework 4.0, including ASP.NET and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
It illustrates many of the .NET enterprise development technologies that can be used for building highly scalable, “cloud-connected” applications.
The application demonstrates a single code base that works on traditional servers, Hyper-V private clouds, and in the Windows Azure public cloud, including hybrid cloud scenarios.
The download includes the automated setup for the .NET StockTrader 5.5 and the Configuration Service 5.5, with associated technical documents that explain how to run and reconfigure the .NET StockTrader service-oriented application. Additional documentation in the download provides the steps necessary to implement the Configuration Service 5.5 in your own applications and services for central configuration management; distributed caching; load-balancing and failover across clustered service nodes. The sample includes:
· .NET StockTrader 5.5 composite Web application and middle tier services.
· Optional Windows Azure Projects for deploying to the cloud.
· New modes for Advanced Web Service (WS-*) message-level security and interoperability with a variety of non-Microsoft platforms via the SOA architecture.
· Configuration Service 5.5 with technical guides and samples.
· Capacity planning tool for running multi-agent benchmarks against the .NET StockTrader services.
· WSTest 1.5 Web services benchmark.