Windows 8 Release preview is released yesterday and i was looking around to install it in my laptop. Well.. If you do a upgrade with the existing OS it becomes a pain later.. Most of the programs won’t work etc.. Searching around i found 2 excellent ways to install it.
2. Install it in a external HDD.
Scott Hanselman has written an excellent post of installing Windows 8 in a VHD with plain simple steps and it works great and all you need is :
1. 40 GB of HDD
2. USB Drive to have the Windows 8 ISO.
Manas Patnaik has written a post of installing Windows 8 in an external HDD. Read it if you want to go through the route of installing it in an external HDD.
If you want to install SQL Server 2012 from command line in Windows 8 Machine follow these steps.
- Setting up a Development Machine
- Windows 8 Keyboard Shortcuts
- Do you want Windows 8 Learning in a box ?
- Comprehensive list of development resources for Windows 8
- Windows 8 Metro – Asynchrony simplified
- Windows 8 Contracts for Sharing Data
- Windows 8: Boot to VHD (css.dzone.com)
- Installing Windows 8 in Windows 7 box with Dual boot option (jegatech.wordpress.com)
- How to install Windows 8 on a Mac (lasdrashid.wordpress.com)